Jim's Orbit: The First Texas Racing Blog

News, notes, and commentary on Thoroughbred horseracing in the Lone Star State.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Jim's Orbit On Leave

Hello racing fans!

I just wanted you to know that I'm alive and well, even if this blog is barely breathing these days. I'm sorry to say that circumstances have prevented me from giving this blog the attention it deserves. The reasons are many, but they are boring so I won't get too much into them. From about the time I was promoted at my day job early this past spring, free time became scarce. And the free time I do have has been going into wedding planning (no, I'm not a wedding planner, I mean planning my own wedding in November).

However, this site will stay up in hopes that I find some time to post this summer. I'll be at Saratoga during Travers week to write for the Saratoga Special, so maybe I'll track down some of the Texas connections up there.

I just returned from a very nice weekend in Dallas, spent mostly at Lone Star Park. Hit a nice Pick Four on Saturday that included 8-1 Alleged Hug, as well as 9-2 Bob Johnson Memorial winner Sing Baby Sing, who this handicapper had picked on top in that day's Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

In any case, please continue to check in every month or so. It's just not possible for me to stay quiet for long stretches, so I'll be back eventually.

4 Comments:

  • At 8/01/2007 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear you are alive. I enjoy your blog and hope to read more soon

     
  • At 8/16/2007 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was hoping that you had given up the blog to follow your life long dream of becoming a bartender at the Buffet Bar and Crock Pot.

     
  • At 8/24/2007 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Jim do you have your other blog up ? Lorraine your cousin

     
  • At 8/25/2007 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home