Jim's Orbit: The First Texas Racing Blog

News, notes, and commentary on Thoroughbred horseracing in the Lone Star State.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Other Texas-based racing blogs

I'm finding out that there are other Texas-based racing blogs out there. However, I stand by my claim as "The First Texas Racing Blog," at least until someone sends some kind of cease and desist order.

I came to find these other blogs thanks to the Lone Star Park Press Box Blog, which gave me a nice plug the other day. Here are the others I now know about...

Post Parade
Sue Broux of Grapevine is quite a writer. You absolutely MUST check out her recent post that compares a recent paragraph written by Gary West of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram with one that appeared in Steve Haskin's Blood-Horse article a few days later. Hilarious, and more than a little suspicious. I don't think anybody as visible as Haskin could be stupid enough to plagiarize another popular turfwriter, but then again, I consistently underestimate the stupidity of most people.

The Paddock
This guy Joe Coker is currently focusing on Santa Anita. Love the photo of him in front of the All-Star Jockey Championship mural at Lone Star.

We're all in this together so check 'em out.

2 Comments:

  • At 2/04/2007 6:13 PM, Blogger suebroux said…

    Thanks for stopping by Post Parade, or That Other Texas Racing Blog as called by other individuals. It is an honor that geniuses like you and Professor West visit my blog and read my prose that I try to pass off as "talent". As Owen Meredith wrote, "Genius does what it must, and Talent does what it can." Anyway, I think it was Owen Meredith - could have been Steve Haskin.

     
  • At 2/15/2007 9:01 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    Thanks for mention...

    I put a link to my page to yours.

    Thanks

    Joe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home